Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Heartcry of a Christian Filmmaker

One day away from production on my first feature, the anxiety and nervousness has built up a great deal.  Tears started flowing from my eyes only fifteen minutes ago and after praying I felt led to write this.  The last year has been an incredible journey.  God has been SO GOOD.  Who am I to have such an opportunity?  To have the means to spread the gospel in such a revolutionary way?  Who is Kyle Prohaska?  That question was rolling around in my head.  This isn't about me, its not about my crew, its not about my fame, its not about the money spent or the profits gained.  It's about the goal of this film to win souls for Christ, and its not just about the film itself when it's complete, it's also about the way in which it was made.  With a non-compromising, no quiting, God led attitude and drive from start to finish no matter what the devil may throw our way.  I can't put my finger on exactly why I started crying earlier but part of it was the fact that I was nervous and the anxious feeling to begin seemed to hit a peak.  I want to do my Savior proud, I want Him to use this film, I want Him to take it as far and high as He chooses and Glorify Himself with it.  Being apart of it all is purely a gift.  So do I know exactly what will happen with STANDING FIRM?  No I dont, but I do know this, it will be worked on with all my heart, soul, and attention, and it WILL be done for NOBODY else but my Savior.  Praise be to God for His incredible mercy, grace, power, honor, glory, and willingness to allow this films creation.  We start production in one day (June 5th), pray that all goes well and God alone be Glorified!

Mark 16:15: "He said to them, go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation."

Hands to the plow,
Kyle Prohaska
Praise Pictures Inc.
http://www.praisepictures.com
http://www.standingfirmmovie.com

P.S. - Don't forget to check the site on a regular basis to see new content updated as we continue production! Behind the scenes photos, blog entrys, location photos, etc. are some of the things you can look forward to.  Also please continue to pray for us as we move along, we need to be covered in prayer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kyle,

I noticed that you do not have many comments. I thought what you are doing is important enough to stop what I am doing and comment. I admire you not because of who you are, but because you are allowing yourself to be a vessel. I wish my faith was as strong. I do video work and teach Final Cut Studio to clients. While I enjoy what I do, my faith as a Christian constantly reminds me what really matters. You are blessed to be able to do both. I will pray you are successful.