Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A Miracle of God (W11:D2)

Today was a normal day of shooting, we got lots done...the last of Robby and Eric's scenes at this home. The day was full of fun, this included re-shoots for scenes with problems from the first few weeks of shooting. Later on in the day before everyone left we were getting poster shots that I might need for later. The light looked amazing so I brought the camera down where we were and it looks solid to me....I even nudged it to see if it would fall (or I was going to move it)...and it was fine. I walked over to where everyone else was and I hear someone yell. Turning around I find the camera laying on its side, having just crashed to the ground. For those of you who don't know...we have an adapter on our camera that allows us to attach Nikon lenses to the Canon Video Camera for nice DOF. It has a motor in it that vibrates. We had serious issues with the last one and had to buy another immediately and we've been using it for quite some time. Instead of freaking out like last time, I brought the camera inside to inspect it.

The motor inside the adapter wouldn't was dead. Change of batteries did nothing. Everyone was standing around thinking the film was officially over because there was no way we could wait for another to show up or wait for repairs. Schedules are completely full and it wouldn't have been possible. Everyone had a numb look on their face. I closed the battery compartment and said "you know what, we're all going to go into the other room and we're going to pray." Everyone said that was the right thing to do and we all went in the living room to pray. We gave the problem up to the Lord praying that something would happen to fix it. After praying everyone stayed in the room and started talking about some spiritual things and I left because I wanted to see if the thing would turn on. I didn't want anyone around me no matter what happened. Nervously I put my finger on the button on the side and hit it. The motor started and I began to laugh and left the room to go to a bedroom. I couldn't help but laugh and cry at the same time. I was so happy. Everyone else didn't know it turned on and my mother came into the room with me to say she was sorry. As she was rubbing my shoulder I mumbled "It turned on." It was funny because her hand suddenly stopped rubbing my shoulder as if it hit her...and she began to laugh and cry with me. The film was saved, God has performed a miracle in front of our eyes. We are supposed to be here, we are supposed to be making this film, and WE WILL FINISH IT. God is going to do something special, if anything...he already has.

I just wanted to share that with all of you out there, God is good, he is real, and HE IS FAITHFUL.



chad said...

Praise the Lord!!!!!

Bro Bob said...

Thanks for sharing this with all of us blog groupies. It is an encouragement for us to know that things don't always go right in other people's lives. It is also a good reminder that when things aren't going well, the first place we should turn is to the Lord... even if we are mad and angry. He is not "shocked"! Thanks for the honesty of sharing the good, the bad and the ugly! It is great to hear it all!