Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Cemetery (W18:D1)

Today we got back to work after a week or so hiatus. It was tough because the location was beautiful but choosing a spot within it to shoot that didn't give us lighting problems made things difficult. Eventually we got it but lost the sun quickly. One thing that is also stressful during every shooting day no matter how planned things are is being 100% sure you got what you need. Anyone can get a bunch of great shots but whether or not they cut together properly is a different story. A handful of great shots that don't edit together is useless. So it's always tough when I say those infamous words for the day "that's a wrap." I always feel like I'm spelling doom for myself and I'll find out when I get home and log the footage that there was one shot I needed I didn't get. Things seem to be ok though (after looking at the footage) so thats good. We'll find out soon enough.The first cut of the film is coming along very well, we are close. I can't wait to be done shooting, finishing a first cut, and watch it beginning to end and see what we really have. I think we have something special and I'm not even sure what it is yet. There is always hopes and dreams of what it could be but what it actually is.....we'll time will tell.

Thanks again to all who have been supporting us. We are almost there :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Scene lighting by Jesus: "Through Him all things were made: without Him nothing was made that has been made" -John1:3